Included in your Boccia Set
- 6 x Blue Balls
- 6 x Red Balls
- 1 x White Jack
- Carry Case
Rules of the game
Boccia is an attack and defend game, with two sides competing over a set number of ends. The aim is to score as many points as possible by placing their set of coloured balls closest to the white jack ball.
- All players must be seated during a game
- A game consists of a series of ends
- Singles & Pairs = 4 ends
- Teams = 6 ends
- An end consists of all 13 balls being propelled onto court (the jack, 6 red and 6 blue)
- Decided using a coin toss, the winning player/captain chooses to be red or blue
- Both sides must occupy a designated box on the court from where balls are propelled
- The red side always begins the first end by propelling the jack into court
- In a pairs or team match each player propels the jack onto court in turn
- In a singles match both players will alternate twice
- The player who propels the jack ball also propels their first coloured ball
- A player from the opposite side then propels their first coloured ball
- The side not closest to the jack plays until they get closer, or run out of balls
- The end is complete when all balls from both sides have been propelled
- One point is awarded for every ball of the same colour, which is closest to the jack
- Points scored each end are accumulated to give a final score.
Add our targets to create more games with your Boccia.